The Continental M17 is packed with advanced features and industry firsts to create the ultimate sewing and embroidery experience, from the Easy Open Top Cover with Magnetic Storage to the Two Advanced LED Touchscreens. The M17 includes SFS-I Intelligent Feed system, Optical Bobbin Sensor, and PC Software PLUS Stitch Composer and AcuStitch!Hi-Definition QuiltingIntroducing AcuStitch Regulator (A.S.R.) A Janome first! Our new stitch regulation system comes standard with the CM17 and includes four feet. AcuFeed Flex plus our layered Fabric Feeding System has long been legendary in the sewing and quilting world, so it is no surprise that it is also included in the CM17.
Professional Grade Needle plate, HP foot, and HP2 foot for precise topstitching and incredible ease of control & visibility are also standard on the CM17.
All of these accessories are easily utilized on the seamless, uninterrupted, all-metal flatbed with 13.5 inches to the right of the needle, 5.51" of height, and 3.15" of space above the needle plate.
Introducing AcuStitch Regulator (A.S.R.)
•A Janome first! With the added benefit of being able to set the sensitivity of the sensor; you can adjust the regulation as your skills build.
Professional Grade Needle plate, HP foot & HP2 foot
• Utilize these narrow-gauge industrial-type feet for curves and precise topstitching. They provide excellent ease of control and superior visibility.
AcuFeed Flex Fabric Plus
•Janome has taken it to the next level with AcuFeed Flex Plus. Removing and installing the AcuFeed is now easier than ever!
Ruler Work Mode
• Expand your quilting options and take advantage of the wide array of precision templates on the market for ruler-guided quilting. Engage the Ruler Work foot to safely follow along the guiding edge of precision cut templates.
Ample Work area and Ergonomic DesignThe seamless, heavy-duty powder-coated, all-metal flatbed offers an uninterrupted, large sewing area with 13.5 inches (343mm) to the right of the needle. With a 5.51 inch (140mm) workspace height and 3.15" of space above the needle plate, you'll complete any sewing project with ease.
Hi-Definition EmbroideryEmbroidery will never be the same with 1,230 built-in embroidery designs, including designer collections, our largest embroidery hoop ever at 11.3” x 18.2”, created with carbon fiber infused plastic for strength and durability.
Wireless embroidery functionality is achieved through AcuAssist, and there is even a Screensaver app to personalize your machine. Features that you have come to know, such as the magnetic hoop, combined with new features such as the easy tightening lever, are like having an extra hand to set your fabric and stabilizer.
An embroidery positioning marker uses a laser to show your needle position on the fabric below to see where your needle will strike before stitching begins. All this plus extra storage compartments conveniently located in the extension table arms to store all of your sewing and embroidery accessories.
Wirelessly Interact With your Embroidery and Sewing Functions
• With Embroidery Link, you can resize, redesign, and layout embroidery without sitting at your machine!
Embroidery Positioning Marker
•Using the newest embroidery foot from Janome, the laser aligning feature can show the position of your needle on the fabric below. Wireless embroidery functionality is achieved through AcuAssist, and there is even a Screensaver app to personalize your machine.
Easy Tightening Lever on Embroidery Hoops
• Set your fabric and stabilizer, then flip the lever to lock it into place. One easy step to perfectly taught hooping.
Storage Compartments in Extension Tables• Hidden in the extension table arms on the embroidery bed are convenient storage bins.
Hi-Definition SewingThe Continental M17 combines great convenience features you have come to expect from a Janome machine but also a few industry firsts. The newest feature is the Thumbwheel located to the right of the needle, this allows you to raise or lower the needle without reaching for the handwheel.
Boasting 850 built-in stitches including 13 different style buttonholes, plus 3 fonts, give you an incredible amount of options. 9mm zig zag means you have extra stitch width, combined with 91 different needle positions for bolder, more distinctive, and fine-tuned designs.
The variable zig-zag provides precise control over stitch width via the knee lifter. The floating mode function will conveniently adjust the pressure to the presser foot while feeding fabric to protect delicate or high pile fabrics like velvet. Other features such as the metal cloth guide which provides a solid guide to achieve perfect hems, and the Automatic Built-in Needle threader are two more extremely useful standard features to allow you to achieve Hi-Definition Sewing.
• This industry-first is a new feature that lets you raise or lower the needle without having to reach over to the handwheel!
91 Needle Positions
• The Continental M17 boasts an unbelievable 91 needle positions and a 9mm stitch width for fine adjustments.
• The Continental M17 will not extend full pressure to the presser foot while feeding fabric. This will protect delicate or high pile fabrics like velvet.
Automatic Built-in Needle Threader
• Threading couldn't be easier! Load your thread into the easily viewable guides, push the threader button, release it, and your needle is threaded.
Variable Zig Zag
• Advanced Tools give advanced abilities for creative expression. The Continental M17 includes an excellent tool for creativity: Variable Zig Zag. This feature enables precision control over the stitch width via the knee lift
Technology and EngineeringThe Continental M17 is packed with advanced features and industry firsts to create the ultimate sewing/embroidery experience, from the Easy Open Top Cover with Magnetic Storage to the Two Advanced LED Touchscreens. SFS-I Intelligent Feed system, Optical Bobbin Sensor, and PC Software, including Stitch Composer and AcuStitch! Check out all the design and development that has gone into this machine.
Dual LCD Touchscreens• Industry-First Dual Advanced LCD Touchscreens Edit, design and create in amazing clarity. (Right: 5.3"x8.5", Middle: 3.8"x2.1")
Magnetic Storage• Easy Open Top Cover with Magnetic Storage
Independent Bobbin Winding Motor
•Never run out of full bobbins! With an independent bobbin motor, there is no need to stop your sewing or embroidery.
Optical Bobbin Sensor
• Bobbin monitoring system notifies you before you run out of thread, saving time and your seams!
• The unique Stitch Composer Program allows you to create and edit stitches from your computer! (Stitch Composer and AcuStitch Included)
Computerized One Touch Needle Plate Converter
•Computerized One Touch Plate Converter allows you to easily switch and use the perfect plate for your sewing project. Push the on-screen button to release the plate and place a new one in place
Seeing is Believing! The CM17 features nine ultra-bright LED lights in four locations to illuminate the bed of the machine providing a dazzling work area. For even more focus, the machine includes three special magnifying glasses at three levels of magnification that attach directly to the faceplate: Slide into place for extra visibility and store it out of your way when not in use. This system reduces eye strain and allows you to sew for hours in comfort!